This qualification is suitable for you if you wish to obtain the Internal Verifier / Moderator role and quality assure assessors and assessment. The Level 4 Award (previously V1 award) in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is a 12 credit and 90 guided learning hour qualification consisting of 2 mandatory units.
This course will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable you to assess within vocational education and training using a range of assessment methods.
HOW DOES IT WORK?:
The course comprises of workshops with written assignments and observations completed alongside.
As part of your course, you will be required to have learners to work with in order to demonstrate your assessing skills. If you are not currently working in an appropriate setting Runway Training can help provide learners in most instances. If you are unsure about whether you are working in an appropriate setting please get in contact on 01732 402 402 for further advice.
What will I study?:
- Unit 1: Understanding Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment which provides the opportunity to relate underpinning knowledge and understanding to practice of internal quality assurance. Sharing knowledge and experience with peers and colleagues provides an opportunity both to share good practice and to reflect on assessment approaches.
- Unit 2: This unit will give you the opportunity to apply the principles and requirements of internal quality assurance to a real working context and identify ways in which to develop and improve your practice.
How long does it take?:
The course is usually delivered over 3 to 9 months.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE LEAD TO?:
The course can lead to employment as a fully qualified internal quality assurer.
How will i be Assessed?:
The range of direct evidence MUST include:
- monitoring of a minimum of TWO assessors
- assessment of a minimum of TWO candidates per assessor
- observation of practice
- examination of products of work
These can be supplemented, where necessary, with professional discussion, reflective accounts or witness statements.