Runway Training are a specialist provider of maths and English Functional Skills qualifications, Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Certified Short Courses and Soft Skills. Offering a flexible approach to your staff development with online, classroom and onsite training available.
With a highly skilled team of assessors and trainers possessing a wealth of industry knowledge and using a unique blend of paper based and e-learning, we aim to cater for each and every individual. We do not believe that ‘one size fits all’.
The Runway Training team are passionate about supporting learners of all levels and ability to reach their potential. The team collectively have years of experience in supporting learners achieve their goals. Our focus is to provide learner centred provision that utilises technology and promotes inclusivity.
Runway Training currently works alongside numerous companies nationwide and has enjoyed much success in providing employees with the training they need to obtain nationally recognised qualifications and support with their staff development.
Runway Training believe that a skilled workforce is vital to our future and improving skills is essential to building sustainable growth and stronger communities. Enrolling employees to undertake qualifications and professional development courses will not only provide your staff with an opportunity to become qualified but also help your business to grow.
Runway Training prides themselves on its high level of professionalism and its commitment to our learners. We are dedicated to providing specialist support to all out learners and to:
- To provide a high quality service that meets learners’ and employers’ needs
- To provide effective advice and guidance to both learners and employers
- To provide the most the most flexible solutions that match the needs of the employer
- To provide qualifications that enhance the learners’ skills and benefit the employer
An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme designed around your requirements as the employer. The apprenticeship scheme can be used to recruit and train new or existing employees. It is an ideal way for young people and adult learners to earn while they learn in a real job, gaining valuable experience and accredited qualifications.
Runway Training is committed to developing apprentices in order to make them:
- Multi-skilled and capable of independent working
- Confident and self-motivated
- Literate and numerate
- Good Team players, well-rounded and responsible
Runway Training support both the employer and the learner to ensure that
- Training and learning is delivered to meet the individual needs of the learner having due consideration for their privacy and well being
- Support given to learners is in accordance with equality and diversity regulations ensuring that we treat all learners with respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- Deliver training on the employers premises and at times convenient to the employer
- Communication between the employer and Runway Training is effective and timely ensuring the any areas of concern are dealt with promptly
- Assessor/tutor allocation is consistent ensuring a smooth working partnership which meets the employers individual requirements
As an employer you can expect:
- Qualified Trainers/Assessors who will support your needs as an employer and the needs of the apprentice in the workplace
- Bespoke and flexible training programmes that are designed and delivered to meet your needs
- Your apprentice to be visited in the workplace every 4 weeks as a minimum
- Visits to last between 1.5 – 3 hours arranged at a suitable time in order to cause minimal disruption to your business operation
- To be an integral part of the training ensuring the apprentice and the programme is meeting your needs and expectations.
- Your learners to be in the correct programme and level of learning to ensure that their training meets the requirements of your organisation, positively influencing a return on your investment
- Runway Training to contact you if there are any concerns about the progress of your apprentice
- Runway Training to carry out a Health and Safety check on your premises and support you in the management of any identified risks.
- Runway Training to monitor compliance with Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding requirements throughout the whole training programme
As an employer you commit to:
- Offering your apprentice a well-structured, fair and flexible apprenticeship that will set them well up for life in the industry.
- To support your apprentice to a successful conclusion of your Apprenticeship Programme as shown on the Individual Learning Plan.
- Ensuring that your apprentice(s) attend appropriate training when required
- To provide time for both on and off the job training, which includes opportunity to learn and practice skills required in the Apprenticeship
- Allocating a workplace mentor/monitor to your apprentice in order to help and guide them throughout the programme
- To allow access to a Trainer/Assessor from Runway Training to undertake training and/or work based assessment on a monthly basis.
- To allow a company representative (supervisor or manager) to attend the review sessions and provide feedback on the Apprentices’ progress.
- Ensuring that the workplace mentor/monitoring is involved in the process of generating evidence towards the apprentices’ qualifications and reviewing progress
- Employing and paying the learner in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions as defined in a Contract of Employment
- Apprentices must be paid in line with the HMRC National Minimum Wage requirements, and the requirements of the Skills Funding Agency adhering to the requirements of the relevant apprenticeship Framework or Standards (developed by employers https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/apprenticeship-standards)
- Carrying out induction training within the first week, ensuring health, safety and welfare procedures have been clearly communicated.
- Undertaking the legal and contractual responsibilities for the Safeguarding, Health, Safety and Welfare of the apprentice
- Ensuring that the apprentice is treated fairly and reasonably along with the rest of the workforce and not discriminate or act unfairly against
- Implementing any remedial actions identified on Health & Safety Vetting checks or any other subsequent Health & Safety inspections
- Providing reasonable access to the Company’s premises to any Runway member of staff or Funding Agency representatives and other external agencies
- Advising Runway of any absence by the apprentice for holiday, sickness or other reason as they occur
The next steps
Book a visit with Runway Training. We will explain any additional information you need to know, including any government grants that are available to employers at the time. This meeting will give you the opportunity to confirm your understanding of the apprenticeship scheme and we are able offer support throughout the whole process.
You will need to think about the job role and how this translates to a job description. Runway Training can be involved as much or as little with the recruitment process as you like, offering a pre-screening service and helping to select appropriate frameworks free of charge.
Once you have found the right candidate or the right framework for your team member, we will allow time for your new apprentice to settle in to their role, and arrive 2 weeks later to start the enrolment and training. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will have ongoing dialogue with your Runway Training assessor and they will ensure that any questions or concerns are resolved. We are extremely flexible and pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to the needs of any given employer.
We ask you to:
- let us know if there is any aspect of our service that doesn’t meet your expectations
- encourage your apprentice to complete the courses training evaluation
- keep us informed of any changes of circumstance that are relevant to our work with you
- contact us if you are concerned about the progress of your apprentice
- encourage your employee to meet the expectations set by runway Training
Information about our courses are available on our website https://www.runwaytraining.co.uk or you can telephone us on: 01732 402402
As our priority is to respond to your individual need, not all training options are listed on the website, please contact us where one of our team will discuss your training needs in detail, carry-out a training needs analysis and provide you with a tailor-made package where appropriate. In the unlikely event that we cannot meet your needs we will refer you to another training provider.
Apprenticeships are government funded. Runway Training ensure the employer does not need to contribute to this. If you wish for your apprentice to undertake additional or on-the-job training, this is generally the employer’s responsibility.
For details about the costs if our other courses can be invoiced directly to you as an employer. For courses that are tailor-made for you, the cost will be based on a number of variables including the number of trainees, mode of delivery and nature of the training. All fees will be identified in the Service Level agreement and agreed in advance with you.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please let us know as quickly as possible so we can address the issues. This can be done via the trainer/tutor or via the Apprenticeship Manager.
If you are still unhappy with the outcome you can make a formal complaint through the Runway’s Complaints Procedure. You can obtain a copy of the Complaints Procedure by contacting the Quality Manager on 01732 402 402.
This Employer Charter was last updated on: 8th September 2018
Document Creation Date: 12.6.2017
Implementation Date: 6.3.2017
Review Date: 12.6.2018
Distribution to: To all employers and Staff