There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don’t know it.
It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be e ective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 quali cation
- Improve your understanding of the various forms and causes of diabetes
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Create better preventative care by being able to identify early signs of diabetes
What will I study?:
- Unit 1 – Understand Diabetes
- Unit 2 – Prevention and Early Intervention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Unit 3 – Understand the Initial Care of Diabetes
- Unit 4 – Understand the Treatment and Management of Diabetes