With the festive season upon us, it’s time to take to the high street to start your Christmas shopping, or more likely, join the growing number of shoppers opting to do it online. But whilst online shopping has been growing in popularity, so too has the need for digital marketing skills in your business. From Pay Per Click advertising to Search Engine Optimisation and e-mail marketing, these are the skills you need to market your business effectively. So here’s 5 reasons why a digital marketing apprentice should be top of your Christmas list:
1) Get on top of your Social Media – From SnapChat to Twitter and Facebook to Instagram, more and more businesses are building up an audience through effective use of social media. For many businesses social media is something they struggle to keep on top of and plays second fiddle to their other marketing activity. Gone are the days when a simple posting on yell.com would cover off your need for an “online presence”. Nowadays businesses can utilise social media to advertise their products and services, interact with customers and respond to enquiries. A digital marketing apprentice can handle this for you and ensure that your followers aren’t left out in the cold.
2) Improve your SEO ranking – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a well-covered topic and whether you’re doing it yourself or outsourcing, one thing is for sure, it needs constant attention. Producing relevant and key word content that is picked up by your target audience and widely shared is often best produced in house and a digital marketing apprentice can help you achieve this. The ability to climb up the Google rankings and gain an edge over your competitors is an added bonus to any sales and marketing team.
3) Boost your e-mail marketing – Cheap, quick and available at the click of a mouse, e-mail marketing is an easy way for businesses to advertise their products and services, while technology enables the ability to see not only who, but also where clients have clicked. By taking on a digital marketing apprentice you can enhance your e-mailing campaigns and develop skills in house to boost your pipeline.
4) Stand out from the crowd with Video Content – Over 50% of content online is now video, we can’t get enough of it. Frequent video viewers will be familiar with autoplay becoming commonplace, whilst Facebook live adds a further dimension to your audience engagement. But have you got a strategy for utilising video? Do you have a YouTube channel? Taking on someone dedicated to working on a video marketing strategy will give you the edge over your competitors and improve your presence online.
5) Utilise Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) – PPC advertising has changed the way businesses advertise with the ability to carefully manage a campaign by not only carefully targeting who you’re aiming your ads at, but by also setting daily limits to keep your spending in check. But many businesses are ignoring PPC or paying someone else to do it. Carefully targeted ads can lead to large amounts of converted business and more revenue in your back pocket for that Christmas shopping. With a digital marketing apprentice you’ll have someone trained in these skills at your disposal and so next time you want to promote your business’s key offering you can hit your target market with the click of a mouse.
To cater for businesses looking to increase their digital skills we’ve teamed up with Giant Campus in an exciting new partnership.
Or to find out more about taking on a Digital Marketing apprentice or how you can upskill an existing member of staff call us on 01732 402 402 or send us an e-mail to [email protected].