The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) is the “assessor qualification” which has replaced the old A1\2 and D32\33 assessor qualification. This course is ideal for students who would like to be fully qualified assessors for learners in either the classroom and/or the work environment. This course will enable you to assess vocational competencies in a wide range of settings including apprenticeships.
This course will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable you to assess within vocational education and training using a range of assessment methods.
HOW DOES IT WORK?:
The course comprises of 5 workshops with written assignments and observations completed alongside.
As part of your course, you will be required to have learners to work with in order to demonstrate your assessing skills. If you are not currently working in an appropriate setting Runway Training can help provide learners in most instances. If you are unsure about whether you are working in an appropriate setting please get in contact on 01732 402 402 for further advice.
What will I study?:
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 2 – Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Unit 3 – Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
How long does it take?:
The course will consist of 5 workshops that are delivered over 3 months.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE LEAD TO?:
The course can lead to employment as a fully qualified assessor. It will also enable you to progress on to further qualifications to become a qualified Internal Quality Assurer (IQA).
How will i be Assessed?:
- Unit 1 will be assessed through a series of assignments and discussion.
- Unit 2 will be assessed through a variety of means, including you practically assessing learners in a work environment and work products demonstrating planning, assessment and feedback. There will also be an audio assignment on reflective practice and CPD development.
- Unit 3 will be assessed through a variety of means, including observation of you practically assessing learners in a classroom or training environment. Also the production of work products and an audio/written assignment on reflective practice and CPD development.