To work with a range of students in supporting them to engage with learning and to make advancements in their learning. This may be through a range of differing approaches: 1-1, targeted small group work, homework clubs and support in lessons. Following a period of observation and skills building you will gradually increase your time in contact with students and will learn very much ‘on the job’ whilst having a range of support and guidance to ensure that you can succeed.
Training to be Provided:
- Support through the apprenticeship theory
- Twilight training sessions (in lieu of additional days holiday)
- Participation in staff training days
- Good literacy skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good organisation and timekeeping skills
- Independent skills and a team worker
Required Personal Qualitites:
- Patience and perseverance
- A positive outlook
- A good sense of humour
- An ability to make positive and constructive relationships with children
- A strong moral compass
- GCSE English (C/4+ Grade)
- GCSE Maths (C/4+ Grade)
- Role as a qualififed learning support assistant at Hillview or elsewhere
- Possible teacher training routes at Hillview or elsewhere
Every day is different and as such you need to be adaptable and able to think on your feet as you do need to be alert to what is happening around you.
Dependent on age
Mon – Thurs 8.30-3.20, Fri 8.30-2pm
Apply & Send Your C.V.