This is a full time, permanent, 12-18 month apprenticeship offering a L2 Business Administration apprenticeship (or similar). The post holder will work the Learning & Development Manager to deliver the L&D strategy across the Council, and to monitor its effectiveness. You will be working for a Borough Council.
- To be a positive interface between staff and the HR/L&D team (through various media)
- Maintain accurate training records
- Liaise with internal and external training providers and agencies to arrange logistics for identified and agreed external training. Register suppliers, raise purchase Orders, receipt goods, invite delegates, monitor waitlists, book & set up rooms & tidy away, manage cancellations, help monitor and track the central L&D budget, record and review training evaluations etc.
- Create visual aids and promotional materials.
- As willing, able, and agreed with L&D Manager, lead or support any other L&D activity which supports the achievement of the apprenticeship. Support the wider HR team as agreed with the L&D Manager (this could include meeting & greeting interview candidates, scanning documents etc.
- To be aware of and exercise personal and corporate responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and other related matters.
NB This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the tasks and responsibilities of the post. In line with Service needs, some tasks may need to change and any changes will be made in consultation with the postholder.
Training to be provided
L2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration, plus access to internal training and e-learning as agreed or required
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Confident and effective communicator, face to face, by phone and in writing
- Good organisational skills & attention to detail
Required personal qualities
- Able to describe a range of positive personal learning experiences
- Positive about working alone, in a partnership and in a team
- Confident end user of technology with an interest in developing this
- Willing to arrive early or stay late for event preparation (e.g. room setup or meet and greet external presenters) occasionally and with notice.
- None essential
- GCSE Maths and English A-C (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- ECDL would be an advantage
The role provides an exquisite blend of administrative, operational and strategic focus. The right person will have the admin quickly under their belt and be ready to get involved in whatever else is going on.
This is an opportunity to work with a highly creative and globally experienced L&D professional, a Fellow of the CIPD, with a successful track record and extensive network of contacts in both public and private sector. And to achieve a L2 business administration (or similar) qualification.
£304.23 - £323.52 per week
37 hours per week. Flexible between 8.30 and 5.30 with a lunch break between 30 and 60 minutes
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Apply & Send Your C.V.