This is a full time, permanent, 12-18 month position, offering a L2 Business Administration apprenticeship. The post holder will work with the Learning & Development Team ensuring the completion of all administration processes and procedures to support the delivery of Aspens Charities Learning and Development Programme.
- Manage all training enquiries and bookings by email and over the telephone
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on Aspens SharePoint matrix so that compliance can be monitored and evaluated
- Monitor waiting lists and send regular reminders to staff and Managers about upcoming training bookings
- Process recharge paperwork for non-attendance and last-minute cancellations
- Create certificates for Aspens training courses and upload to individual records on the matrix
- Manage cancellations and communicate with Managers regularly to fill spaces on courses
- Monitor and track monthly figures for training; number of courses delivered, attendance and non-attendance numbers
- Prepare resources for Trainers; print and put together workbooks and handouts
- Meet and greet training attendees, sign them in and provide refreshments throughout the day
- Book and set up training rooms and tidy away at the end of the day
- Enrol staff onto e-learning courses as required
- Review training evaluations, recording any feedback that identifies areas for improvement and positive feedback
- Be aware of and exercise personal and organisational responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and other related matters.
NB This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the tasks and responsibilities of the post. In line with the Training Department’s needs, some tasks may need to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post holder.
There may be an opportunity upon successful completion of the apprenticeship to apply for vacancies within the Charity.
Employer name and description
Aspens Charities Ltd Aspens is united in offering over 100 years of experience and expertise in South East England, including Kent, East Sussex, Brighton & Hove, West Sussex and London Borough of Bexley.
At Aspens, we provide support to children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities, complex needs and those on the autism spectrum. We help children to develop the skills they need to live independently as adults; and adults to realise their potential, fulfil their ambitions and achieve greater independence. Our highly trained staff provide a personalised service focused on individual needs and offer support and advice to empower families, carers and other professionals to confidently look after those who benefit from our services.
Training to be provided
- L2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Mandatory training to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Charity
- Access to other internal training and e-learning as agreed.
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Confident and effective communicator, face to face, by phone and in writing
- Good organisational skills & attention to detail
Required personal qualities
- Able to work alone and use initiative, self-motivated and work positively as part of a team.
- None essential
- GCSE Maths and English A-C (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- ECDL would be an advantage
This is a busy Department so must be able and willing and able to multi-task and prioritise work especially on days when training is being delivered.
The building is not wheelchair accessible and will involve going up and down flights of stairs
£196.10 per week
37 hours - Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 4.30pm, Friday – 8.30 am – 4.00pm (half an hour lunch break)
Apply & Send Your C.V.