This qualification is:
- aimed at individuals who take on a range of roles in a cleaning and environmental support service role.
- suitable for different roles in cleaning and support services, local environmental services and pest management.
- designed to help learners improve their knowledge and skills within a this environment and will result in a nationally recognised City & Guilds accredited qualification.
- suitable for existing staff or for learners who are interested in starting a career in cleaning and environmental support services.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Hospitality Services Apprenticeship is made up of mandatory and optional units and your Assessor will help you chose the correct number of optional units to achieve the qualification. You may select optional units that are linked to your specific job role, so if your role includes a significant amount of time in the kitchen you can select more of these units and vice versa.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The Diploma is made up of mandatory and optional units and your Assessor will help you chose the correct number of optional units to achieve the qualification.
- MAINTAIN PERSONAL HYGIENE STANDARDS WHEN CLEANING
- WORK WITH OTHERS AND FOLLOW REPORTING PROCEDURE
- USE AND STORE CLEANING EQUIPMENT AND AGENTS
- REDUCE RISKS TO HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
- CLEAN HIGH RISK AREAS
- CLEAN CONFINED SPACES
Additional Units that are relevent to individual jobs roles.
WHERE DO I STUDY?
You will work towards the Cleaning and Environmental Services Level 2 qualification in the workplace.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
WHAT DOES THE COURSE LEAD TO?
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Cleaning and Evironmental Support Services, however they would also have to receive a significant promotion in order to enrol on the level 3.
- Other apprenticeships such as Hospitalilty, Housekeeping
- Advanced Diplomas in a range of related sectors
With additional training, Intermediate apprentices may be able to progress in their careers over time to roles including supervisory or managerial roles.