These courses are for supervisors and managers in small, medium or large retail or manufacturing businesses. Anyone in a supervisory role in the food business is not only responsible but accountable for food safety. These qualifications will give them the knowledge and confidence to undertake their role efficiently.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The following is an overview of the syllabi for both courses. Each one will be specific to the context of food retail or a manufacturing business.
- Introduction. Candidates should understand the terminology in respect to supervising food safety procedures.
- Legislation. Candidates should be aware of UK and European food safety legislation to ensure compliance in a food business.
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice. Candidates should comprehend the concept of contamination and the risks it poses to food safety.
- Temperature control. Candidates should understand the role temperature plays in the control of food safety.
- Workplace and equipment design. Candidates should understand the importance of good workplace and equipment design to ensure food safety.
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection. Candidates should understand the importance of overseeing high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
- Pest control. Candidates should understand the importance of good pest control practice.
- Personal hygiene of staff. Candidates should understand the need for high standards of personal hygiene.
- Contribution to staff training. Candidates should understand the significance of being able to contribute to staff training.
- Implementation of food safety management procedures. Candidates should understand the principles of the HACCP system and how a supervisor can contribute to the implementation of a food safety management system in a catering enterprise or food manufacturing operation.
- Food safety management tools. Candidates should understand how a tool, such as Safer Food, Better Business, can assist in employing a food safety management system and have an awareness of auditing procedures.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Must have a copy of CIEH Food Safety Level 2 Certificate.
For those wishing to undertake a refresher in Food Safety Level 3, learner must have a copy of previous Level 3 certificate.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
2 Hours Multiple Choice examinations