This local charity rooted in the community of West Kent and northern East Sussex provide our vital services completely free of charge to all patients, their carers and families. They are looking for enthusiastic young people to join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers as part its award winning apprentice scheme.
There are a variety of roles on offer throughout the organisation, this role is part of the Retail team.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Respond to general telephone or email enquiries, referring to colleagues where necessary.
- Welcome visitors to the department and help with their enquiries as appropriate to your level of knowledge.
- Deal with incoming post as appropriate.
- Produce accurate documentation, such as letters, instructions, procedures, guidelines and memos.
- Produce point of sale material, posters and weekly Shop talk newsletter.
- Liaise professionally and politely with other Hospice services/departments.
- Communicate in a business-like manner with external suppliers and customers.
- Ensure accurate records are kept and information maintained and organised efficiently.
- Undertake project work, produce reports and documents as requested using a variety of computer programmes.
- Maintain supplies of departmental literature.
- Take responsibility for ordering stationery for the department.
- Assist with organising events and meetings, booking rooms, arranging refreshments and taking minutes if necessary.
- Co-ordinate departmental training, eg annual mandatory training.
- To process weekly banking from shop including cash handling.
This charity are looking for individual with:
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office software
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and organisational abilities
- Good attention to detail
- Good standard of English and Maths.
Additionally an individual who has the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to demonstrate initiative
- Friendly and personable – enjoys being part of a team
- Willingness to work towards an apprentice framework as directed by Runway Apprenticeships
- Able to uphold core values of the charity
£131.25 per week
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Local Charity, Pembury, Kent
30th December 2016
Apply & Send Your C.V.