Working at West Kent is about providing exceptional customer service, understanding the importance of really listening and acting flexibly, working with our customers to find solutions. If you are looking for a job with a purpose, where you will be supported to take responsibility and develop yourself, you can expect to work hard and be encouraged to have fun. We’re passionate about what we do, so if you think you can make that difference, take a look at the available jobs and apply to join us.
To provide administrative assistance to part of the housing department which comprises of the emerald and supported team, allocations team, income team and tenancy services team.
- To interact with customers on a variety of platforms including phone, email, letters and in person
- To provide the best customer service to all enquiries
- Update internal electronic systems with records of ongoing work
- Produce correspondence as required including scanning and filing
- Assist with our internal system processes
- Assist with arranging meetings such as booking meeting rooms and organising refreshments
- Taking and distributing minutes as and when required.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be expected to complete all educational assignments and work training as required. You will gain real workplace experience and a range of transferrable skills.
Many of our apprentices have gone on to secure full-time roles in West Kent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to delivering excellent customer services
- Methodical and well organised
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good time management
- Computer literate, having some experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
Personal qualities required:
- Interest in the housing sector
- Eager to learn
- Excellent communicator
- Team Player
Grade A–C or above in Maths, English or equivalent qualifications
Admin work can be repetitive and mostly office based. However, the apprentice will be circulating between different teams and learning new processes each quarter.
£235.32 per week
37 hours - Monday to Thursday 8.45am - 5.15 pm, Friday 8.45am - 4.45pm (One hour unpaid lunch)
West Kent Housing Association
Apply & Send Your C.V.