Office based position, working within a 4-19 year old special school for children & young people with physical disabilities or complex medical needs, providing support with general office administration and customer services.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up before interview and the successful applicant will require an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are looking for an individual for an all-round administration role supporting the delivery of excellent customer service and efficient office processes for the business.
An opportunity to learn and develop general office skills within a friendly team environment.
Main duties can include:
• Use the Room Booking System and School Calendars to update the rest of the school.
• Store, Retrieve and Achieve Information accurately and efficiently using filing processes.
• Research and Report information using sources to find information for colleagues and record appropriately.
• Organise and Support Meetings through managing set up, venue, equipment and catering. Provide relevant documents and take minutes.
• Use IT Systems to manage files, networks and deal with IT problems.
• Use IT to Exchange Information through email, use web pages and search engines
• Use Word Process Software to produce a range of documents accurately and efficiently. Have an understanding of advanced work processing functions to enter, edit and format information.
• Use Spread Sheet Software to enter, edit and analyse data using tables and charts.
• Use Database Software as part of your role. Enter and update data, use multiple search criteria, mainly to create and update the Volunteer and Lettings Databases.
• Use Presentation Software alongside a variety of media to produce presentations for a variety of uses.
• Use Specialist or Bespoke Software to enter, edit and process information.
• Facilitate Effective Customer Relations internally and externally.
• Use a Telephone System professionally to make and receive calls, leave and take messages and check voice mail messages.
• Operate Office Equipment and keep it clean.
• Produce a variety of documents using different software and information sources.
• Assist with Event Planning and support on the day where possible.
• Support the Friends of our Fundraising Group.
• Assist with visits by potential hirers.
• Provide hospitality for meetings/training by meeting/greeting and signing in visitors to the Professional Learning Centre
We are a Local Authority School for ages 4 – 19 for children and young people with physical disabilities or complex medical needs. We are a part-residential school and offer weekly boarding placements.
Training to be Provided:
Business Administration Level 2 (including Diploma, maths, Eng and ICF if required, and Employee Rights and Responsibilities).
A good understanding of general office IT systems would be beneficial
Required Personal Qualities:
• Work effectively with other people as part of a team.
• Show effective communication skills
• Respect for colleagues and willingness to work with others to complete jobs successfully.
Minimum of Level 1 in Maths and English
£5 an hour
37.5 hours a week
School in Westerham
Apply & Send Your C.V.