A fantastic opportunity to join our Primary school.Starting in September 2018, the successful candidate will work across all phases but primarily in EYFS and KS1 participating in the implementation of planned curriculum and tasks for individual pupils or small groups of children as directed by the class teacher.
The successful applicant will play a key role in preparing resources and materials as directed by the class teacher for the smooth running of the lessons, as well as supporting the class teacher with general administration tasks.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supporting and assisting pupils with all areas of the curriculum
- Maintain records indicating progress made by pupils and any problems that may have arisen
- Liaise with the class teacher and provide support as required in planning, objective setting, assessment method and feedback on observations made
- Supervise the setting out and clearing up of materials at the beginning and end of an activity, encouraging children to follow the classroom procedures when required
- Putting up display material as directed
- Assist the class teacher in the implementation of suitable programmes and provide support for pupils with specific requirements, including – clarifying and explaining instructions – ensuring pupil able to use equipment and materials – motivating and encouraging pupils – helping pupils to concentrate and finish work – provide additional assistance in specific problem areas; e.g. language, behaviour, reading, spelling, handwriting, presentation etc.
Understand and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection – reporting concerns to an appropriate person in order to maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
Training to be Provided:
- 2 x INSET days before start of term in September and on-going release time to complete relevant training as part of apprenticeship.
- Level 2 Supported Teaching and Learning apprenticeship
- Good people skills
Required Personal Qualities:
- Polite and approachable
- Positive attitude
- Polite and approachable
A*- C GCSE Grades in English and maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
This will be an active role and will require the employee to be outside for some periods supervising and facilitating activities.
The school is federated with another local primary school and is part of an academy chain with over 40 schools in the south east.
Job Type: Full-time
£120.25 per week
32.5 hours a week with a 30 minute lunch break
Apply & Send Your C.V.