- Encourage and facilitate service user autonomy, personal choice and independence.
- Implement skill training, behavioural management and daily care and support services in accordance with the support plan, reinforcing appropriate service user behaviour utilising direct feedback, prompts, role-play and modelling.
- Assist in the planning of recreational/social/vocational/educational events and activities, escorting and supporting the service user as necessary during such activities.
- Ensure effective and regular communication takes place between yourself and fellow staff team members and team leader, and service user status is documented in accordance with company procedures.
- To develop and maintain good, professional working relationships with other professionals, outside community agencies and non-service colleagues within the company.
- Attend training sessions and other meetings as requested.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions utilising forms approved by the company.
- Monitor and record the administration of medication as prescribed by the clients GP
- To assist and support the Team Leaders in developing and maintaining effective working relationships through positive communication systems, ensuring motivation and promoting good practice in all areas.
- To ensure that the company’s stated philosophy and ethics of excellence are implemented in practice within the service.
- To ensure a consistency of approach in terms of support is afforded by other staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained regarding service users.
- To ensure service users are afforded dignity and respect at all times.
- To ensure that individuals have the opportunity and informed choice to follow any religious or cultural beliefs with or without support.
- To ensure that the service maintains all administrative records and documentation as required by company policies and procedures and registration requirements and that these are completed legibly, completely and on time.
- To ensure that service users daily progress logs are completed at the end of each shift.
- To ensure that service users guidelines are reviewed and updated where appropriate in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- To have a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and to ensure that these are put into practice.
- The key worker will act as advocate, where appropriate, for their key service user, ensuring that as an individual they receive the dignity, respect and rights that anyone else can expect.
- To be able to maintain good, professional working relationships
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions
- Treat people with dignity and respect
Required Personal Qualities:
- Time keeping
- The nominated key worker is NOT the main or only person who supports a service user. He/she is the person who co-ordinates aspects of an individual’s support and communicates this to other team members.
- Full time employment within the company upon completion of your apprenticeship.
£313.20 per week
40hrs (mon-Sun shift work)
Apply & Send Your C.V.