This charity provides free, independent and confidential advocacy services in local authority areas across the south of England. The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the Support Advocates and Contact Centre Manager, to ensure the effective running of the Contact Centre.
Job duties include:
- Responding to communications and ad hoc enquiries for all of seAp services promptly and efficiently, signposting internally or to other agencies as appropriate and, when necessary, taking and relaying accurate messages.
- Processing incoming post. Scanning and distributing post to colleagues and uploading documents/post to the seAp database. Identifying priority items for escalation and dealing with routine issues.
- Processing outgoing post for the organisation and keeping accurate records.
- Triaging and processing emailed communications, including referrals for seAp and partner services; providing signposting information where appropriate.
- Accurately recording all relevant information on the seAp database.
- Using and updating Contact Centre resources.
- Administrating seAp’s client evaluation process, sending out evaluations and accurately recording data from returned evaluations on the seAp database. Assisting the Contact Centre Manager in collating and reporting on client evaluations.
- Present a friendly, professional and helpful manner at all times.
- Ordering and managing stocks of stationery and promotional materials.
- Collating research information and statistics to support management reports.
- Assisting in the production of documentation, as required using appropriate MS Office software.
- Maintaining efficient filing and archiving systems.
- Working as a team, sharing responsibility for tasks whist managing and prioritising own workload.
- To attend and participate in regular supervision, in line with SEAP’s supervision policy. Participate in annual performance appraisals, training and internal meetings.
- Become familiar with, and work within, the policies, procedures and protocols of SEAP.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with SEAP’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Comply with individual responsibilities in relation to health and safety in the workplace in accordance with SEAP’s Health & Safety Policy & Procedure.
- Undertake such other duties and tasks commensurate to the grade and character of work. Therefore the above list of main tasks in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
- High standard of written and verbal English
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with qualities of sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to work to a high standard using Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to input information accurately onto database and the capacity to learn new systems
- Ability to prioritise, plan and be well-organised with attention to detail. Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Good telephone manner, strong customer focus and ability to record messages accurately
- Ability to be discerning, aware of confidentiality and data protection issues
- Knowledge of issues faced by vulnerable clients.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Experience of or ability to learn general office procedures including taking and transferring calls.
- Experience of data input into a database system.
- Experience of keeping accurate records and filing systems
Required Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience and professional behaviour, even under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and be responsive to change
- Commitment and willingness to adhere to SEAP’s policies and procedures
- Willingness to develop and expand own knowledge-base
- Commitment to equal opportunities practice, the promotion of civil and human rights and willingness to work in partnership with disempowered people
Training to be Provided:
- Mandatory training: safeguarding etc, usually in the form of an online course.
- On-the-job 1-2-1 training for specific tasks.
Future prospects: Potential permanent post as an Administrative Assistant
Things to Note:
- This role is office-based and will consist of continuous Visual Display Unit use.
- DBS checks required
- Occasional travel to attend training and away day.
Under 25 - £231/week (£7.70 per hour) 25 and over - £246.30 /week (£8.21 per hour)
Monday to Friday 10:30am-17:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break (30 hours per week)
Apply & Send Your C.V.